Top 3 Slack Apps For Developers
We, developers are mostly focus on our todos and sprints on our daily basis. And Slack is just a great tool to handle both tasks and fun stuff !
I will not use any fancy words just let’s get to Top 10 Slack apps for Developers.
I do not know if I need to explain why Github Integration for Slack is just piece of diamond. (I’m not sure if this is a expression :) ). But I want to point out some features of Github integration for Slack,
- New Commits : So you know who is plaint a bomb in your code base.
- New pull requests : If you want to be friendly you need to be quick checking on pull requests. You will be a rock start in your office, you know what I mean.
- New issues : Reasons to hate your tester friends.
- Code reviews : No comment, just a way to communicate with developers.
And you know what, you can even take action in your Slack with just using /github action resource for;
- Close an issue or pull request : You will be a rising star!
- Reopen an issue or pull request : If you want to have haters
- Open a new issue using a Slack dialog : No. You will not use this feature!
I know, it is not about development. But the main problem in modern development teams is not reacting in a proper way. If your tester creates an issue on your project you can’t show your finger at his/her face. This would be just rude ! Instead reply with a meme or random gif ! If you want to reply with gif just type /giphy slap in your face . So your teammate get the idea but the gif will make them smile!